About the Donation Process
The ReStore sells new and used furniture, appliances, cabinets and building materials and more. Proceeds from the sale of these items help HfHCC to build Habitat homes in Chester County. All donations are tax-deductible. A receipt for your donation is provided, however, you are responsible for declaring the value of the goods donated.
Large or bulk donations requiring two people and a truck are eligible for a free pick up by the Habitat donation team. Please keep in mind that our pickup schedule is typically booking 2-3 weeks out. If scheduling a pickup, we request donations are located on the first floor or ground level of your home with no more than two or three steps. Smaller donations or those already having transport can be brought to one of our two ReStores Monday through Saturday, 10am to 5pm. Directions to the ReStores can be found here. ReStore drivers and staff will make the final determination on all donations.
For additional information read below or leave a message on our donation hotline at 610-466-1890 and someone will return your call.
Schedule a Pickup
If you are ready to schedule a pickup for your gently-used items and are already familiar with our guidelines, please use our online form to begin arranging your donation. Please keep in mind that our pickup schedule is typically 2-3 weeks out depending upon the location of your donation. If you are not familiar with our guidelines, please continue reading for additional information.
All donations will be sold in the ReStore, with proceeds benefiting the construction of Habitat homes. All items must be in good, salable condition, with no rips, stains, tears, or needing repair in any way.
- appliances that are no more than 10-12 years old, in good working condition and clean, no rust
- area rugs
- artwork/framed wall art
- bedroom furniture (dressers, nightstands, headboards and frames, etc. No used mattresses and box springs!)
- building supplies (bricks, doors, door knobs, unused lumber, etc.)
- furniture (dining table and chairs, coffee tables, TV stands, lamps, etc.)
- household items (pots and pans, kitchen utensils, dishes, etc.)
- lawn equipment (lawn mowers, riding mower, rakes, shovels, garden tools, etc.)
- light fixtures
- patio furniture
- small desks
- upholstered furniture (sofas, chairs, ottomans, etc.)
We Do Not Accept:
- anything broken, stained, torn, or damaged and requiring repair in any way
- baby items (cribs, pack and plays, high chairs, etc.)
- books, DVDs, videos, CDs, records, cassette tapes, and all media
- clothing or other textiles
- countertops without cabinets
- dishwashers older than 2 years
- drywall or plywood less than 1/2 sheet
- electronics (this includes all computer equipment, DVD players, printers, CD players, VCRs, etc., some of which can be recycled at your local Staples)
- entertainment centers/wall units
- executive desks
- exercise equipment
- hollow core interior doors
- hot water heaters, faucets and other plumbing supplies used to carry drinking water
- hutches, buffets, or servers (unless part of a full dining set)
- paint (learn how to recycle it on your own by clicking here)
- pianos or organs
- tables without chairs
- TVs (unless newer flat screen)
- unframed mirrors
- used carpeting, flooring, or tile
- used mattresses or box springs (must be wrapped in original plastic)
- used toilets and bathtubs
- used windows
If you have a question, please feel free to leave a message on our donation hotline, 610-466-1890, and we will return your call as quickly as possible.