The ReStore sells new and used furniture, appliances, cabinets and building materials for about half of retail price. Proceeds from the sale of these items help HfHCC to build decent, affordable homes in partnership with those in need.
The ReStore relies on in-kind donations from private individuals, businesses, contractors and supply companies. Most reusable building materials are accepted; check below for items we accept and don’t accept.
All donations are tax-deductible. A receipt for your donation is provided, however, you are responsible for declaring the value of the goods donated.
Donations can be brought to the ReStore any Tuesday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. See map for directions. If you need to schedule a pickup of your donation, please fill out the donation form, or call 610-466-1890.
Remember: Everything is sold “as is, ” so it must be in COMPLETE, sanitary and saleable condition.
Salvage and Deconstruction
|Tearing down an old home? We’ll take what we can use before demolition and you’ll receive a tax deduction! We accept donations of the following items:|
- Kitchen cabinets
- Ceiling fans
- Flooring Materials-ceramic, tile, vinyl-unopened boxes only
- Gently used home and office furniture
- Hardware for doors, cabinets, etc.
- Insulation (new)
- Lighting products-chandeliers, lamps, etc.
- Miscellaneous tools
- Roofing materials, shingles – only in bundles
- New mattresses
- New windows or doors
- Pet supplies
- Housewares dishes (sets only), artwork, home decor
- Granite or Corian countertops
- Sinks and toilets (white only)
Please follow the guidelines below when donating items to the ReStore.
- Appliances that are newer than 10 years old, in good working condition and clean, no rust
- Dishwashers must be newer than 5 years old
- Cabinets must be structurally sound with no major damage
- Furniture must be in saleable condition (no rips or stains)
- All clothing must be laundered with no rips or stains.
- The driver will make the final determination if an item is acceptable for the store
Unfortunately, we don’t accept these items:
- Due to new Federal Regulations, we are no longer able to accept used windows, doors, or painted children’s furniture
- Any rusty, damaged, ripped or stained items
- Console TVs
- Computer equipment
- Silverware and glassware
- Exercise equipment
- Bedding or linens
- Gas or propane dryers
- Glass or unframed mirrors
- Headboards or footboards
- Used mattresses
- Trash compactors
- Nails or screws
- Formica countertops
- Baby equipment (toys, cribs, high chairs, strollers, car seats, etc.)