The ReStore sells new and used furniture, appliances, cabinets and building materials for about half of retail price. Proceeds from the sale of these items help HfHCC to build decent, affordable homes in partnership with those in need.
The ReStore relies on in-kind donations from private individuals, businesses, contractors and supply companies. Most reusable building materials are accepted; check below for items we accept and don’t accept.
All donations are tax-deductible. A receipt for your donation is provided, however, you are responsible for declaring the value of the goods donated.
Please note, all items my be structurally sound and free of rips and stains. Donations must be on the first floor or garage level. ReStore drivers will make the final determination on all donation pickups.
Donations can be brought to the ReStore any Tuesday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. See map for directions.
Remember: Everything is sold “as is, ” so it must be in COMPLETE, sanitary and saleable condition.
- Appliances that are newer than 10 years old, in good working condition and clean, no rust
- Dishwashers must be newer than 5 years old
- Cabinets must be structurally sound with no major damage
- Furniture must be in saleable condition (no rips or stains)
- All clothing must be laundered with no rips or stains.
Unfortunately, we don’t accept these items:
- Mattresses, box springs (unless new)
- Computer equipment, console stereos
- Anything rusty, stained, torn, or missing pieces or parts
- Unframed mirrors, desks, ladders
- Painted children’s furniture (cribs, bassinets, bookcases, tables, etc.)
- Old windows, wood framed windows, storm windows, and storm doors, or painted windows or doors
- TV’s (unless flat screen)
- Baby Equipment (high chairs, car seats, playpens, toys, etc)
- Entertainment centers/wall units
- China cabinets (unless part of a larger set)
- Due to new federal regulations, we are no longer allowed to accept used dishwashers, hot water heater, faucets and other plumbing supplies used to carry drinking water.