Homeownership in Coatesville
Located at 414 Cityview Ave Coatesville PA 19320
The application window is currently open!
Income should be between 40% and 60% of the published HUD Median Income (80%) for Chester County. For example, the median income for a family of four in 2020 was $96,600 a year.
Applicants must live or work in Chester County for a minimum of 1 year and are a US citizen, or a legal permanent resident.
Current Housing Must Meet One or More of the Following Criteria:
- Current Shelter is inadequate
- Temporary or transitional housing
- Household is overcrowded
- Environment is inadequate or unsafe
- Household currently pays more than 30% of total gross monthly income for housing
- Unable to purchase a home through any other means
- Must have a fairly clean credit report or be able to speak to any damaging items on the report
- Applicants should access their free credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com and contact a credit counselor to clear any negative remarks.
- Credit score needs to be around 600 or higher
- No bankruptcies allowed in the past 7 years
- Household debt to Income ratio should be 39% or less.
- No outstanding liens or judgments
- No felonies present on a nationwide background check
Be Willing to Partner with Habitat:
- Agree to complete a minimum of 200 hours of “Sweat Equity” prior to closing on your home. “Sweat Equity” is the term used to describe the hours required to volunteer with Habitat
- Agree to complete a series of homeownership workshops
- Agree to maintain your Habitat home in a manner that reflects pride in homeownership
If you would like to receive updates on the application deadlines and homeownership information, please fill out the form below. This is not the same as submitting an application for housing.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.