Join that Habitat for Humanity team in providing a hand up to Chester County families in need of decent, affordable housing! See below for current job openings and click the job you are interested in.
The Executive Director (ED) serves as the Chief Executive Officer for Habitat for Humanity of Chester County (HfHCC) with responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the organization and advancement of the Mission. The ED reports to the Board of Directors and serves as the duly authorized representative of the Board of Directors, assuring that all operations, programs, and activities are compliant with the policies and parameters established by the Board, and consistent with the policies of Habitat International. The ED serves as the resource person to the Board of Directors, reporting on activities of the organization, advising on activities and issues related to the organization, and serving as the key liaison between staff, volunteers, donors, families, constituents, and Board.
The ED is responsible for the effective execution of the strategic plan management of staff and operations, program development and oversight, development and fundraising, marketing and communications, construction activities and fiscal operations of HfHCC, including the HfHCC ReStore. The ED represents the organization in the community and works with other organizations and services to advocate for affordable housing.
Focus Areas for the Position
- Human Resource Administration
- Fiscal Administration
- Construction & Applicant Homeowner Relations
- Development & Philanthropy
- Marketing, Communications & Community Relations
- The successful candidate must have a deep appreciation for the mission for Habitat for Humanity of Chester County and a passion for serving those in need, especially in the area of affordable housing.
- The candidate must be able to effectively build and maintain relationships with philanthropic and community leaders.
- The candidate must be outcome-oriented and a strategic thinker with a strong work ethic for high-quality performance and attention to detail.
- This professional must be adept at planning, monitoring and implementing annual organization plans.
- Additionally, the candidate must be able to work collaboratively bringing together board, staff, and volunteers as well as philanthropic leaders together into a singular focus effort toward the achievement of goals.
- The candidate should be comfortable in performing outreach duties toward local communities, corporations and other potential sponsors and contributors to support the Habitat mission.
- The candidate should be confident in their abilities to cultivate relationships and be a significant participant in fundraising.
- The candidate should be comfortable in being the visible face of the organization.
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in team leadership and office management, with a proven record of accomplishment.
- Experience with the management and support of a major campaign is a plus since sustainable fundraising is the essential driving force for organizational impact.
- Experience with nonprofit organizations and knowledge of philanthropic and community resources in Chester County and surrounding areas a plus
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills are essential.
- Demonstrated experience working with volunteers and board members a plus
- Experience in construction and real estate planning and project delivery highly desirable.
For a full list of responsibilities, please visit our Indeed.com listing.