About the Donation Process
The ReStore sells new and used furniture, appliances, cabinets and building materials and more. Proceeds from the sale of these items help Habitat to build affordable homes in Chester County. All donations are tax-deductible. A receipt for your donation is provided, however, you are responsible for declaring the value of the goods donated.
Large or bulk donations requiring two people and a truck are eligible for a free pick up by the Habitat donation team. Please keep in mind that our pickup schedule is typically booking 2-3 weeks out. If scheduling a pickup, we request donations are located on the first floor or ground level of your home with no more than two or three steps. Smaller donations or those already having transport can be brought to one of our two ReStores. The Caln ReStore is open to donation drop offs Monday to Saturday from 10am to 5pm and the Kennett ReStore is open to donation drop offs Tuesday through Saturday from 10am to 5pm. Directions to the ReStores can be found here. ReStore drivers and staff will make the final determination on all donations.
For additional information read below or leave a message on our donation hotline at 610-466-1890 and someone will return your call.
Schedule a Pickup
If you are ready to schedule a pickup for your gently-used items and are already familiar with our guidelines, please use our online form to begin arranging your donation. Please keep in mind that our pickup schedule is typically about 2 weeks out depending upon the location of your donation. If you are not familiar with our guidelines, please continue reading for additional information.
All donations will be sold in the ReStore, with proceeds benefiting the construction of Habitat homes. All items must be in good, salable condition, with no rips, stains, tears, or needing repair in any way.
- appliances that are no more than 12 years old, in good working condition and clean, no rust
- area rugs
- artwork/framed wall art
- bedroom furniture (dressers, nightstands, headboards and frames, etc. No used mattresses and box springs!)
- building supplies (bricks, doors, door knobs, unused lumber, etc.)
- furniture (dining table and chairs, coffee tables, TV stands, lamps, etc.)
- household items (pots and pans, kitchen utensils, dishes, etc.)
- lawn equipment (lawn mowers, riding mower, rakes, shovels, garden tools, etc.)
- light fixtures
- patio furniture
- small desks
- upholstered furniture (sofas, chairs, ottomans, etc.) that are less than 12 years old (no floral or plaid, please)
We Do Not Accept:
- anything broken, stained, torn, or damaged and requiring repair in any way
- baby items (cribs, pack and plays, high chairs, etc.)
- bathroom sinks without vanity cabinet
- books, DVDs, videos, CDs, records, cassette tapes, and all media
- carpet, flooring, or tile unless new
- chemicals – household cleaning supplies, lawn chemicals, bug sprays, automobile fluids, etc.
- clothing, window treatments, or other textiles
- countertops without cabinets
- desks that are oversized (L-shaped, executive, etc.)
- dishwashers older than 2 years
- drywall or plywood less than 1/2 sheet
- electronics (this includes all PC equipment, DVD players, printers, CD players, VCRs, etc., some of which can be recycled at your local Staples)
- entertainment centers/wall units
- exercise equipment
- hollow core interior doors
- hot water heaters, faucets and other plumbing supplies used to carry drinking water
- hutches, buffets, or servers (unless part of a full dining set)
- light bulbs unless LED
- mattresses or boxsprings
- mirrors without frames
- paint (learn how to recycle it on your own by clicking here)
- particle board furniture
- pianos or organs
- shower doors unless new
- tables without chairs
- toilets or bathtubs
- TVs (unless newer flat screen)
- upholstered furniture older than 12 years (no floral or plaid, please)
- windows unless new
- window blinds unless new in box
- wooden ladders
If you have a question, please feel free to leave a message on our donation hotline, 610-466-1890, and we will return your call as quickly as possible.